Thursday 11 April 2013

12-4-13


Friday April 12, 2013

I’ve been encouraged by my senior pastor, Geoff Woodward, to write a blog. Well, I journal and write things there when things are on my mind, but I often prefer to keep things to myself in that way. However, he made an interesting point that it’s not just about me, but about helping others to get something out of your experiences as well.

As a result, I’m going to start writing a daily blog. Today has been a pretty good day. I woke up to the sight and smell of a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast and a good coffee, which has become a Friday regular thing in this place. I think it’s just a small way to make the place feel a bit less mundane and give a bit more excitement to our lives as medical patients, especially considering some people in here can be very long-term, some even live here on a permanent basis. Shortly after breakfast, I got a text from a close friend saying she was just thinking of me and that made me smile.

I got another text a few minutes later from my youth pastor, Chris, saying he and my senior pastor, Geoff, want to come and visit. It was during this visit this morning that Geoff mentioned I should write a blog to encourage others, so that’s what I’m doing here. Sidenote: Chris, Geoff and I are all left-handed and the greatness of left-handed people came up in conversation.

Tonight I must admit I’m a bit torn for choice as the Perth Wildcats, Brisbane Broncos and Fremantle Dockers are all playing at roughly the same time. It’s a hard life, I know. I guess I will have the luxury of being able to flick through between all of them. I’m really looking forward to watching the basketball mostly because it’s the NBL grand final and I remember as a kid having the opportunity to meet James Crawford, Andrew Vlahov and Ricky Grace and the encouragement that gave to myself.

As great as it will be tonight to be able to watch some of my favourite sports, and all at the same time as well, I must admit I would much rather be doing what I would normally be doing if I was at home and that is attending Metro Youth. I’ve been a part of that youth ministry now for four years and a leader for about two years and I would not trade it for the world. When young people ask me what I want to do with my life, I simply tell them I’m studying Youth Work at university so I can learn how to do this for a living.  
Anyway, my lunch is about to come, so I must leave it there for now and bid you all a good day full of awesomeness. 


1 comment:

  1. Go the NZ Breakers, beat those Perth Wildcats!

    Love the Blog Perry! Keep it up I will be reading daily!

    I am sure you will help others by sharing your highs & lows/ You are one very gutsy guy!

    Love you! XXXX

    ReplyDelete