Saturday 20 April 2013

20-04-13

Saturday, April 20, 2013

We all need a hero. Someone we can look up to in life who has achieved something amazing. Some have superheroes, Hollywood actors, sports stars, musicians and others. I have a few heroes of my own and on days like this, where everything seems to be a bit all over the place and inconsistent, thinking of my heroes can keep me focused on life.

As I write this, I'm watching Iron Man 2 and I must say, he's a bit lame. He has a poor attitude as he's rather arrogant and complains when he doesn't get everything his own way. Now to me, that's not a hero at all. A hero to me is someone who gets it done, no matter the circumstances and doesn't complain in the process. I must say that my personal heroes all fit that description. I'm blessed to know a few of them personally and I must say thinking of them keeps me positive, especially in a situation like being in hospital for an extended period of time.

One of the nurses here has nicknamed me "Kobe", a compliment, after the NBA basketballer, Kobe Bryant of the LA Lakers, the team I support. I am totally fine with this and I found myself today automatically smiling at life whenever I heard this. You see, your words have power. Just a couple of words can keep someone smiling all day, even on a rough day, or they can destroy someone's great day in seconds, so choose and use them wisely.

Let's use our words to build each other up, not to complain about "first-world problems" or tear people down, so that we can overcome and achieve great things together in this life, just like our respective heroes.


No comments:

Post a Comment