Saturday 27 April 2013

27-04-13

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Last night, I had the best night's sleep I have had in roughly a week. What did I do differently last night that I failed to do the last few days? I reminded myself of God's huge love for me, that he has tomorrow already taken care of, even though it has not happened as yet. Sometimes I find it scary (not like a scary monster, but because he's that good) to think about just how much God loves us and how powerful he is. I mean, he can change the future before it even gets here. Seriously, no matter what we may find huge and scary, he can take care of in the blink of an eye!

Today I want to make a point about how good technology can be, especially when one is in hospital for a long period of time. If it weren't for technology, I'd be feeling really out of it, but because of the advances of the modern world and the fact I'm blessed to live in Australia, all I need to do is pick up my phone when I need to talk to someone. For example, I sent someone a simple text saying I miss them and as a result, I will be seeing them tonight. If I need to remind myself of how the world is going, I can flick on the news, although sometimes that can make me feel worse, so I do that sparingly.

The best things I'm thankful for in regard to technology is the fact we can record things these days. You see, because of the generosity and quick-thinking of my young adult pastor and another great guy from church, I've been receiving the recorded messages from both church services every week and I can listen to them on my laptop. It's almost as though I'm not missing much at all. It's so good because without it, I'd be struggling to stay on top in regard to my relationship with God.

That said, I do miss not being at church (and youth, of course) and can't wait to get back into it because it isn't the same!




No comments:

Post a Comment