Saturday 13 April 2013

13-4-13

Some days, I just don't feel like it. Today is one of those days. I woke up with a cranking headache and as I tried to eat some lunch, it just made me feel sick.

So, how do you get up from this? Well, first thing I did this morning was reach for my phone and iPod and have some Jesus time. You see, it often says in the Psalms that David encouraged himself and in a place like hospital, one has to learn to encourage themselves. As great as my friends and family are, there will be times when they are simply unavailable because that's just life, so if I can just learn to pick myself up when I wake up feeling less than great, I know I will be okay.

Also, there are some days where my body just wants to stop and rest and I think today is one of those days. On the bright side, being Saturday, I won't be getting too much done because in medical facilities, you do notice the difference on weekends. As opposed to weekdays, on a weekend, there are no physiotherapists, occupational therapists, doctors, blood tests and even nursing care is a bit more relaxed.

On another issue, I was watching the Eagles v Demons game just now and I want to make a point about attitude. In the first two weeks, Melbourne were shocking and were copping it from everyone in the media. They had a choice today. They made a good decision to come out and compete today and for the first half, they applied themselves and at one stage, found themselves in front of the West Coast Eagles. It's a point about arrogance because when the Eagles came out, they walked through their banner with no enthusiasm whatsoever and it looked like they just expected to have the game handed to them. Melbourne had other ideas and simply put in a higher effort at the contest. It just goes to show that no matter who you are, if you put in effort, in any area of life, you just never know what could happen.

Don't ever give up, no matter what you're facing and don't get complacent either! Put in 100% effort into everything in life and you will win more than you lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment