Sunday 16 June 2013

16-06-13

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Today was a reminder that my emotions can be very inconsistent, change in an instant and have no real bearing on the situation because they really are not an honest indicator of life. I woke feeling rather unwell today, with a fever, headache, sore throat and runny nose. Everything above my neck just simply hurt and felt gross. I was struggling to smile at all and just wanted to try and go back to sleep. However, I was awake and it's like once they realize that you're awake in here, they all come in at once to do all they need to do. It can be really annoying sometimes. Once I was awake, I got my phone to check the time and then checked my messages and my Facebook, as I do most mornings. I noticed on Facebook I had a notification from my best friend, Kathy, who had posted something to my timeline. I had no idea what to think because we rarely do that with each other. I looked and even though I was really struggling and everything inside me was feeling crappy, I managed to get a laugh and from that point onward, my emotions have been fairly good. It's amazing how one small thing such as a joke on Facebook from your best friend can make you feel better emotionally when you are not so great physically. It also helped me to start getting better physically being better emotionally.

After I got out of bed, I re-heated my coffee because it was cold and after that it was good. I then went outside, found a tree in a good spot and just put my head back while hugging my tiger and had a nap until lunch time. I stumbled in for lunch at 12 and even though all I felt like doing was having a nap, I ate all my lunch which was vegetable soup, roast pork and vegetables and an apple. I then went back outside because even though really I just wanted to go back to bed, I was meant to be up for seven hours today, from 11-6 and I wanted to push through because I want to see just how strong I really am at the moment. I did manage to stay out of bed until 6:00 pm. Anywho, while I was outside I sat next to one of the park benches. It was around this time that the catering staff started coming and sitting at that same bench to have their lunch. Even though I said I wouldn't, I need to do society a favour and make this next bit public information. One of the guys was being one of those annoying teenage kids at the back of the bus who is constantly flicking through every stupid song on their phone. Well, most of his music was tolerable and I didn't say much. That was until he decided to play "Baby" by Justin Bieber, loudly and do a very girly dance to it, complete with a duck-face. Let's just say my respect for him died right there. Na, it didn't really but it was definitely the funny part of my week. Don't worry Metro Youth, I made him do ten push-ups for his crime.

After that, I could not be seen with them anymore and conveniently it was afternoon tea time anyway and I was pleasantly surprised to notice one of my favourite kitchen staff, an Irish girl named Rachel was on this afternoon. She's just a genuinely lovely person who can't do enough for people and makes this place a nicer place to be. She doesn't normally work weekends so that's why it was really unexpected to see her today. Also, she knows exactly how I like my coffee and what kind of biscuits I like as well and it's just little things like that when you're not feeling too well that make me smile.

It was around this time I started to feel better physically and I'd got some fruit, fresh air and water into me as well and I'm sure that helped my situation. A few people were sitting around watching the footy and even though I wasn't really interested in it because it was Collingwood v Bulldogs, I watched it anyway because I had nothing better to do. Sure enough, as expected it was a one-sided contest and Collingwood won rather comfortably in the end. Oh, I must admit here that dinner came and I'm not usually one to complain about food, but it really was terrible tonight so I just had a piece of fruit. No, fruit is not code for chocolate today.

Then it would be time to get back to bed. Everything was fine with that but I went back a few minutes before six because six is when the staff go for their dinner break, so that's fair enough that they didn't want to eat into their assigned break time. Since that time, I've felt fine and well relaxed and have just been watching random stuff on television. I know, it's such an exciting life I'm living! Oh, in amongst that I did get a phone call from Mum that only she and probably Kathy could get away with. She calls me and said she needs me to transfer some money into her account right now so she can buy Chinese for dinner for her and my cousin. Well, she's my mother and so it's fine, but I found it hilarious when I asked if she'd bring me some and she initially said no. All was good in the end because she'd agreed to save me some considering I've paid for it.

Well it's late and tomorrow being Monday means I've got a big day ahead, so I'd better do my best to get some rest tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment