Sunday 23 June 2013

23-06-13

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wisdom is a beautiful, yet very tough thing to master. I'm 27 years old and still struggle with that one these days, especially when it comes to my health and my physical limitations. I've been brought up to see myself as no different to anyone else and I don't see myself different at all, but the truth is I am different, at least a little bit. My body is not going to react the same as it would others who don't have any physical issues whatsoever.

Today, I woke up at around 9:00 after having to go to the city yesterday to pick up Bon Jovi tickets and call in for a coffee at Little Willy's. Even though I was out for only a grand total of about 3 hours, it really did take it out of me. As a consequence, I slept about ten hours straight and was still tired all day today, despite eating and drinking properly and not leaving the house at all. Therefore, come mid-afternoon, I was left with a choice for my evening: Would I risk pushing my body and go to church, even though I've only been home a few days or would I be sensible and wise and stay home and have a chilled night? Well, I did option number two. My body pretty much forced me to stop because it got to a point where my joints were seizing. Even if I did brush off the physical tiredness and soreness, God decided I was staying home anyway because it's been raining fairly hard most of the day and there's no way I'm going in that and it was too late to organise a lift, especially without a phone. On that, it's even harder getting home without a phone because there are no buses from the train station I use that late on a Sunday, so I guess I will have to probably miss another week of church, at least until I get my new phone. Seriously, I don't feel safe leaving the house without a phone at the moment unless I'm with someone.

Well, it ended being a productive, yet chilled day with watching the Dockers win again (seriously, I'm not getting bored of this one bit) and then I set up my room properly and organized all my clothes. I even threw heaps of them out that had just had it or didn't fit me properly and was amazed to find just how much I still have. That made me think of those I know currently in Cambodia, helping out people who have got seriously nothing and how blessed we are in Australia to have way more than we need, even if we think we are "poor".

I must admit I am glad I made the decision to stay home tonight. My body is thanking me and I'm feeling okay because of that. Had I tried to go extra hard and ride the emotional rollercoaster of excitement that is being home and go to church to see lots of people, I would probably be twice as tired or even feeling physically unwell right now. Putting my health first is a learning curve but it's a tough one because I need to figure out the best way to live my life as best and productively as possible, yet still being sensible enough to make sure I'm not making myself any worse than I need to be.

Lastly, God is big enough to not be confined to a building and so if he has something he needs to say to me, he can speak to me right here in my bedroom at home. I don't exactly have to be in church, with the right song, the right person praying for me and feeling holier than thou to receive from God. We just need to open our mouths. Seriously, just start talking to him and you'll be amazed at what happenes next! He understands that my body needs a rest sometimes and that I won't be able to make it to church every single Sunday without failure. This is why I'm thankful for his grace that allows me to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment