Saturday 1 June 2013

01-06-13

Saturday, June 1, 2013

I think it's appropriate, responsible and mature if I start this blog the right way: A pinch and a punch to all of you for the first of the month and no returns! Right, now that is out of the way, let me tell you about my day today. As I mentioned last night, I discovered that I have heating in my room and I must admit that having the heater on last night has definitely helped with the joint pain. Today they felt totally fine and pain-free. However, aside from this, it was not a great day from a physical point of view. I woke up with a cranking headache and nothing seemed to work today to fix it. I tried sleeping it off, drinking more water, getting some fresh air, drinking strong coffee and nothing has helped. I really don't want to resort to pain-killers because the only painkillers that work on me are the likes of oxycontin which knock me right out and leave me feeling sick. Because of everything I've been through medically over the years, nothing else touches me anymore because my body has built an immunity to most of it. That's not as good as it may seem because it's at the stage now when I am home, I can't do much if I get a migraine other than just wait for it to go because without a doctor's script, nothing over the counter works for me.

Aside from the headache and feeling generally unwell, it hasn't been a terrible day all-round. I did manage to still get out of bed for five hours in total (2x 2.5 hours each) and watch the Dockers go six weeks now without a loss. I must admit going into the bye, I'm getting a bit excited for the second-half of their season because some of the best players will be back and they are very well placed already. However, I've been following them since their inception in 1995 and so I know not to get too carried away because anything could happen. Still on the AFL, I watched Geelong v Gold Coast this evening and thought it would be a very boring, one-sided game of footy and I was only watching it to pass the time really. Therefore I was pleasantly surprised to see that for three quarters, the Suns took it right up to Geelong with their intensity at the contest, their skills and their only downfall was that they didn't put more reward for their effort onto the scoreboard. Unfortunately for them, they grew tired as they are a very young team and Geelong managed to run over the top in the last quarter and secured what looked like a reasonably comfortable win in the end.

After the footy, I found Die Hard on ten and so I've been (and still am) watching that. However, I've still got that wretched headache and am feeling unwell so I'm going to try get some sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment