Monday 6 May 2013

06-05-13

Monday, May 6, 2013

"Monday found me on my knees again, breathing you in." - Switchfoot, I Turn Everything Over

That is a seriously good hint as to how to approach the week, regardless of what's in store for us. Reflecting back on today, I should have started my day like this. As a result of failing to do this, I didn't have a very good day at all today. I woke up far earlier than I had hoped, especially considering I was awake until well after midnight watching Monty Python and The Meaning Of Life. Well, that was time well spent I thought anyway, so it was fine. Also, Monday means waking to the sight of a bacon and egg burger for breakfast, so there is a silver lining here. It also meant I got my wash and everything out of the way so I didn't have to worry about it later and they didn't have to worry about remembering me later if they got busy with other things. Also, on washing, I was told today there is no reason I can't have showers from now on. Unless you've been bedridden for weeks on end, I don't think you can understand my joy at hearing this simple basic thing.

However, it wasn't all good news and this is what lead to a not so happy day today. I was told that I won't be able to get up in my chair until at least Friday, but more than likely next Monday. This means it will have taken an extra two weeks than expected originally between my first and second attempts at getting out of bed. I also won't be going home for a while longer than expected because of a few minor complications that the medical team want to look at as well. However, my aunt said to me it's better they keep you in to be certain everything is fine rather than send me home and have to come back with a slight issue later. It's good to get other people's perspective on things sometimes, especially when they're not directly affected by that situation. I sent a text to my best friend informing her of the news but aside from that, all I could do was lie there and try pass the day and be as positive as possible. That was an epic fail because I ended up feeling pretty crappy about it all and it lead to me not eating much either today. I did however get to have a nap and so this evening, I am feeling a bit better than I did.

Also, my aunt came in with homemade risotto for dinner and as I said above, gave me some fresh perspective on this current situation and we talked about other things which gave me something else to think about. Sometimes when you're in hospital, all you need is a different topic to think about aside from your health and you just start feeling emotionally better within minutes. That's definitely been the case today.

I think I need to just put this slight setback behind me and as I said at the top, take the advice of Switchfoot in future and learn from this mistake. Anyway, I'm off to finish watching Top Gear and try get an early night and hope for a better tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment