Monday 13 May 2013

13-05-13

Monday, May 13, 2013

Today got off to a bad start. First of all, I got nowhere near the amount of sleep I would have liked, but that was my own fault and also, not getting sleep in hospital when I'm resting in bed all day is not much of a problem, especially when I'm being left alone most of the time now. After posting last night's blog to Facebook, I got a comment on there from my best friend that, to be honest, left me smiling like an idiot. For no particular reason other than I've been in hospital way too long, I was having one of those "I just want to go home" days and was missing a lot of people who I haven't seen for a while, and to see a comment like what she wrote, it was perfectly timed and it totally made my day because I know it was genuine! Anyway, even though I totally could and wouldn't feel even slightly awkward about it, I am not spending this whole blog telling you about the greatness of my best friend, as much as I do love her. I'm just telling you why I struggled to sleep last night. I was too happy to sleep.

Then, I was told this morning I need to spend roughly two more days in bed before attempting to get up again, so I'm hoping to be able to go outside again (and for nice weather) when the doctors come around on Wednesday. Also, Kathy (best friend) was hoping to come in today but she told me she woke with a sore throat and took the safe option to rest up and make sure she was okay and didn't share it with anyone. I'm glad to know she's starting to feel better and hopefully I do see her soon.

Anyway, aside from that, the day got considerably better from around 10:30 onwards. As I have said on Facebook, almost every time since morning tea onward that I got a coffee, I have for some reason received a second one only minutes after the first one, basically doubling the amount of coffee I've had today. Also, it's not terrible coffee here either, so I'm pretty happy. Don't worry though because I will sleep as it is weak coffee. Not bad coffee, just weak. Also, because I didn't get good sleep last night, I haven't exactly been dancing on the roof, despite the crazy amounts of coffee in the system today.

I could sum up today like this: Lots of coffee, chill music, feeling very loved, slow progress physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment