Thursday 9 May 2013

09-05-13

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursdays in here are normally pretty quiet and not much happens. That's how it looked first thing this morning and what I was expecting my day to look like. Well, one nurse told me a few years back, as soon as you start to say it's quiet in a hospital, all hell breaks loose. Hell didn't exactly break loose, but I didn't get time to scratch myself today. Being Thursday, it is physio day and he decided I needed to be stretched further than last week which hurt because considering I'm slowly starting to get back up into my chair, it's not just my legs that get a stretch now but he makes me work my arms as well. However, one thing I know about stretching is that if you don't, you pay for it later, so in the long run I will be glad for it. For example, I don't want to start getting back into normal life and be too tired and unfit to function in my normal life. Later today, also the OT came and she had a student with her, so she took longer than normal. She just wanted to make sure my chair was going well and she also told me some news I wasn't expecting, and to be honest, is a bit disappointing, but it isn't the end of the world.

Also, I haven't told my doctor this because I don't want to hear that I can't do it, but I have my eyes focused on entering this year's Perth City to Surf half marathon event. Am I scared? Of course I am. Can I do it? Of course I can.

One thing that annoyed me today was hearing Miami won and won big in their game against Chicago in the NBA playoffs. However, I was happy with the other results, so it's not all bad. It was also fun having a "We hate Boston Celtics because... " session with David, the Lakers fan nurse who calls me "Kobe".

Later in the evening, Mum came in and brought my youngest niece, Harmony. However, Harmony was a bit grumpy because yesterday she had not one, not two, but THREE immunisations, one after the other. She's soon to turn one and so the poor girl came to the right place to get sympathy for having needles, especially considering how much her uncle hates them. I may or may not have fed her some chocolate to try and cheer her up a bit. Mum gave me a huge Stewie Griffin soft toy and so he will be on the look for anyone trying to attack me and he will get you!

I did my usual Thursday night tradition for as long as I can remember by watching the AFL footy show and as normal, there were some rather funny parts, so no matter what the week has thrown at me, I love how I can relax and am guaranteed to have a few laughs, often at the expense of Sam Newman. However, I was disappointed to hear everyone tipping Collingwood to beat Fremantle this weekend, despite the game being played at Subiaco Oval. Well, I just hope they're all wrong and I can have the last laugh with a Dockers win on Saturday.

Anyway, I'm off because being Thursday night, it's bacon and eggs for breakfast at 7:30 tomorrow and I'm not sleeping in and missing that one. Yes, my alarm is set, so goodnight and play nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment