Friday 17 May 2013

17-05-13

Friday, May 17, 2013

Oh, she's only seventeen. Sorry kids, I saw the date and got distracted by a song called "Seventeen" by Kings Of Leon. Yes, I do have Homer Simpson brain sometimes. I'm not going to apologize for that because at my age, you'd think I would have overcome this if it were an issue. Therefore I guess it's fine considering I've survived this long with it. Anyway, onto my day ...

Today got off to an average start, to say the least. First of all, the bacon and eggs I was excited for last night proved to be an epic fail, with the bacon being cold, half-cooked and fatty and the eggs not cooked well at all and the coffee cold and bitter, so I passed on breakfast and went back to sleep. If you want proof I am not a morning person, we just need to rewind the tape to this morning. Sure, it was partly my own fault considering I was awake until an ungodly hour watching the NRL footy show, with no regrets because it was good. I was woken to the sight of a needle and even after four months in hospital, I'm still not getting used to that and I still do jump every single morning. Anyway, earlier in the week I put a picture on Facebook about people that smile before 9 A.M. being untrustworthy. Well, it's so true! You know those people who like to ask the same stupid question three times, in three slightly different ways, but in the same degrading and annoying tone and with a huge smile on their face? Yeah, that person just happened to be on this morning. She managed to come in only five minutes after I woke and to be honest, I can't even remember what she asked me, but I remember thinking that after this long in here, surely she would know I don't comprehend complex questions fired at me within minutes of waking. I know she's just doing her job and it's not like she's bad at what she does or even a mean person at all. She just tends to have a really degrading tone and very bad timing.

The morning wasn't all bad though because I woke to about four messages, which is a lot for me. It was mixed news with one from Shona saying she's not feeling the best (boo!), but one from Sarah saying she did get good sleep (yay!). I'd been texting Sarah nearly all day which was cool. Funny part though was when she said I had a case of ESP because of something I said. Seriously, I wish I was that brilliant. I was trying to convince her that I can help her with her uni readings, but it didn't work. It's been one of those "I miss a lot of people that I love" weeks. They can be emotionally draining and I have found myself asking a lot of questions and being very emotionally inconsistent.

Anyway, the afternoon picked up considerably. It was fish and chips for lunch and it was pretty decent and a good (better than normal, anyway) coffee. Then, not long after lunch, I was allowed to get out of bed for thirty minutes. Considering I was still feeling tired from a slow morning and not much sleep, I wasn't exactly thrilled because I thought it would take it right out of me. However, I was pleasantly surprised to notice that as each day progresses, my energy is getting better and I'm not needing a nap straight after going back to bed at least.

Then, a friend Chris came in and we caught up on life for a bit. He's a decent guy with a really great servant heart and I think more people should give him the time of day to get around him because he really is a valuable guy. Then while Chris was still here, my friend Iasmina came in and we share a similar kind of sense of humour so you know there would be a laugh in there at least once. Apparently I need to watch Pitch Perfect with her because it is "our sense of humour", as she said to me today. She's hoping to come back in here next week and we will probably watch it then. Then Iasmina left because she had to see someone else (some people just have all the friends, don't they?) and Chris had to go as well and all of a sudden, the tiredness of being up had hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't attempt to nap because dinner is early in here and I was feeling hungry and didn't want to sleep through that or ruin my sleep tonight, so I just pushed through.

This evening was an easy choice because in the NRL, it was Rabbitohs v Tigers, followed by Broncos (my team) v Titans and in the AFL, it was Eagles (rival team) v Kangaroos. Therefore, I watched both games of NRL. Neither game was close and they were both clearly over by half-time. I didn't mind at all because the Broncos won 32-6 and the only try the Titans scored was a bad mistake we made, not something they did well. Rabbitohs showed why they are top of the ladder with an absolute flogging of an undermanned Tigers side, which was inevitable I guess considering the injuries to the Tigers at the moment.

Anywho, that's enough fun for a Friday and again, I am sure youth was fantastic! I am going to leave it there by saying go the mighty Broncos and congratulations to Sam Thaiday on being a father! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment