Friday 10 May 2013

10-05-13

Friday, May 10, 2013

There is a common acronym these days and it goes like this: T.G.I.F. meaning "Thank God It's Friday". However, I saw on Facebook today someone took it to mean Thank God I'm Fabulous. I am going to take that and run with it, especially today.

Today has been what I would call in normal society "one of those days." One of those days where I just didn't want to start and am grateful it has ended. There are some days where my body just says no. Today was one of those days. Thankfully, I didn't have to get out of bed and do things today and so I could agree with my body and just stay in bed all day. I have dodgy joints (just a factor from being in a chair my whole life) and some days, they just don't move well, particularly the day after a big physio stretch. I think that's why they were sore today more than anything. I also have sinus issues and so my head, throat and nose were playing up today as well and I think that's got something to do with the inconsistent weather patterns we have had here the past few days.

Then, I had some less than great staff looking after me today. They weren't terrible at their job exactly, but the ones on today are those people who treat people as though they are a job to be finished, not a person. They do exactly what is required, without any gentleness whatsoever and then you won't see them again until they have to do something again. At the age of 27, I still struggle with people like this, even though I have seen dozens of them and really, I should probably be used to them by now. I guess that is just a learning experience I need to go through in time. I really shouldn't let other people's poor attitudes get to me, but sometimes they just do.

It was good being Friday because it meant I could put a fairly average day behind me with Friday night football considering again I'm missing youth. Tonight it was Essendon v Geelong, two undefeated teams against each other and for the first half, the game lived up to the hype as it was close, hard and both teams were going well. However, Geelong seemed to show their experience in the second half and ended up comfortable winners in what I would say was a fair result.

Anywho, there doesn't seem to be any good movies on (as is the story most Friday nights lately) and I've got a bit of a headache, so I'm going to try get an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment