Thursday 16 May 2013

16-05-13

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today is an important date in the life of Perry, as are a lot of days in May and June. Today is one of those days I wish I didn't have such a great memory when it comes to dates. May 16th is the birthday of my biological father, David John Gibbings. I've never been a big fan of the man as he has never been a great father figure to me. I won't go into details publicly, but my relationship with him is less than great. However, I will just state that God has blessed me with many great men in my life at the moment who are great examples of being a good father.

Also, today I've had that horrible feeling I sometimes get when I'm in hospital for an extended period. Zoe would often feel the same as well, where you spend way too much time thinking simply because there isn't much else to do and you start worrying about those you love most, especially when you know they're dealing with something tough, as I know some are at the moment. Again, I won't go into what's going on but I do hate that horrible feeling of helplessness when I am in hospital, knowing there is nothing I can practically do to help much. I know none of this is my fault, but when you really care for someone and you know they are less than winning at life, you want to do all you can to help them win at life again. However, I am reminded that even though being in hospital means I am physically restricted, I'm not totally helpless as I can still help in other ways and I can still pray just the same as I could if I was not in hospital.

The afternoon was a good, but tiring one. I got out of bed today for only the second time, so it was only for 15 minutes. I did feel a bit light-headed for a couple of minutes but didn't vomit, so all good. Everything went well, except I went to go outside, just because I could, only to find on the day I can actually go outside, it's raining. Gee, thanks God! Well, tomorrow it means I get up for thirty minutes, so hopefully there is some sunshine for at least some of that time tomorrow, but it's not looking likely at the moment. As I got back to bed, it hit me just how tiring it is getting up after one has spent so much time being stuck in a bed. I had a quick half-hour nap and started thinking physio wasn't happening today, when he suddenly came in my room and woke me up (as if I wasn't tired enough). Anyway, as I said a couple of days ago, I know I need to re-strengthen myself because I am definitely nowhere near as strong as I need to be to live my life normally yet. I'm sure it won't take too long for my strength and consistency to return.

However, this has meant it's been a slow, but good evening for me. It's Thursday, which means a late one with Simpsons, Big Bang Theory, AFL and NRL footy shows (if I can stay up that late). Also, not sure if I do want to stay awake that long because tomorrow being Friday, it's bacon and egg day and I don't want to miss that action, even if it does mean waking at 7:30.

Anyway, I must conclude as the AFL footy show is about to start, by stating I like turtles, thanks to my good friends Hannah and Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment