Saturday 11 May 2013

11-05-13

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Today was certainly the day of two halves for me. The morning was not a good one, but as the day has gone on, my day has certainly improved. What happened this morning? Well, I will tell you. I did mention yesterday my joints and sinus was playing up all day and it continued to bother me this morning and so I was feeling less than great, physically and emotionally.

However, my day improved when, not long after waking as I had a shocking night and slept in, I received a text message from my aunt asking if I'd like a coffee. This morning, I must say, I couldn't say "yes please" fast enough and I must publicly thank her for that because I felt like this morning, hospital coffee was not going to cut it today. I was then pretty happy with my lunch as it was pork chops and vegies which is always good and at that part of the day, it felt like I was drinking chain coffee as I'd just had my usual morning tea, then the coffee from my aunt, then lunch and then afternoon tea, all within about 3 hours. It's just a shame I couldn't get up and do something to burn off the excess energy I had, so I just lied there and watched a pretty good game of footy (for the most part, anyway) between Brisbane and Wet Toast. Unfortunately for my tipping, the eagles won in the end by 26 points. I just thought at their home ground, Brisbane would have the legs to run out the game better, but it proved to be the opposite.

However, the best part of my day came when Freo, who were without about five of their best players, managed to see off a Collingwood surge in the third quarter and run out comfortable 27 point winners at home in the end. It was a really good win because in the third quarter, Collingwood came from six goals down to take the lead early in the last quarter and I must admit, I was watching very nervously. However, I was very proud and to be honest, jealous I wasn't at the game tonight, as I watched Freo bravely fight it out and see them off with more run at the end. It was exciting to watch because in the past in those situations, they would normally be outplayed by a more experienced team such as Collingwood, especially without some of their best players out there to show leadership.

Anyway, from a very happy Dockers member, I must admit tonight that even if I wasn't in hospital, I'd probably not have gone to the game tonight because I had been invited to a good friend's (Christine's) 21st birthday. I would have probably made an appearance there and so tonight I'd like to publicly wish her a happy birthday and make it known the intention was certainly there. I would have also liked to have been at the Metro Fremantle youth launch, Armoury Youth. Seriously, they're going to kick some serious devil-backside in the city of Fremantle and from all reports and photos that I can see on Facebook, it looks like it was an amazing start in the life of the youth ministry. I pray for God's grace and wisdom upon Adam and Mandy as they step up in their leadership roles!

Anyway, I will surely be able to make an appearance at Armoury Youth sometime in the not too distant future! For now, I need to concentrate on getting some rest to give my body the best chance to get out of here and get home as quick as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment